Networking

Got something to sell? Looking for work? Looking for something to buy? Need to hire someone? Post it here
Doc Rochester
New Minion
New Minion
The middle number please (3): 5

Networking

Postby Doc Rochester » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:40 am

Work Wanted: per diem, short-term, long term (details as follows)

Friends-

I have been a lurker on this site for a couple of years or so (if memory serves me correctly). I tend to be more of a spectator, so please excuse my inactivity.

Anyway, I relocated back to the Yates County area about 18 months ago, which was a lifestyle improvement having spent 24 years in southeast Rochester. I make my living primarily in the area of technical writing, and thus my location wasn't much of a factor in terms of clients and services.

But, as is the case with so many things these days, the market for writing is in near collapse. I recently had my primary client put a major industrial project on hold (indefinitely) and the simple fact is that there are few other prospects.

As such, I am forced to fall back upon some of my traditional skills, and I am soliciting the assistance of any kind souls to aid me in my quest for leads.

I was raised in an agricultural setting and afterward have 30+ years' experience in most of the building trades, including some in construction management. In the midst of all of this I also accumulated a number of academic degrees, mostly in the humanities.

Because I have been self-employed for most of my life, I do not qualify for unemployment compensation, and hence have great incentive to provide enthusiastic and dutiful services to my clients. So, punctuality, initiative, and thoroughness are well-established habits.

I am presently in a low-overhead situation, and am not especially materialistic. Accordingly, I also am not too proud to do manual labor. I am seeking opportunities of any type and duration with which I can exploit my talents. Manual labor, skilled, whatever. Agricultural things are of particular interest.

If any of you have specific knowledge of any opportunities, I would be very grateful. Please message me or send a note via e-mail. (docrochester -at- yahoo)

Please note that I am not seeking categorical or theoretical suggestions. I've already visited a couple of temp agencies and NYS Job Service, and am working some of the web-based stuff. None of which have resulted in any referrals in 2 weeks' time. NYS, in particular, does not appear to have done anything, aside from a ridiculous amount of paperwork. Which, I am told, should surprise no one.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

Return to “Opportunity Knocks”