FDA 2017

Defending Free Speech in Canandaigua and Ontario County... and New York State. The USA, too. Ummm, the World also. Heck, the Universe.
ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: FDA 2017

Postby ajsuff » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:42 pm

............................. from the FDA ............................

Organic Herbal Supply Issue Voluntary Nationwide Recall Of All Lots Of Various Supplements For Male And Female Sexual Enhancement Due To Undeclared Tadalafil And Flibanserin

Organic Herbal Supply, Inc. announced today that it is conducting a voluntary nationwide recall of all lots of Uproar, Cummor, Zrect, Monkey Business, Xrect, Rectalis, Tornado, Zdaily, BigNHard, Enhancerol Natural Male Enhancement capsules. FDA analysis has found the products to contain Tadalafil. Tadalafil is a FDA-approved drug used as treatment for male Erectile Dysfunction (ED), the presence of tadalafil in these male enhancement products renders it an unapproved drug for which safety and efficacy have not been established and, therefore, subject to recall. Organic Herbal Supply is also recalling Zrect for Women and LabidaMAX. FDA analysis has found these two products contain Flibanserin, an FDA-approved prescription drug for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD) in women. There have been no reports of illness to date.

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm5 ... ovdelivery
Dimmi con chi vai, e ti diro chi sei –
Tell me with whom you associate and I’ll tell you what you are

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:49 pm

............................ from the FDA ............................

Did You Know? FDA Advances Research to Reduce Health Disparities

Scientific researchers now are working on how to reduce health disparities (differences in health outcomes) among racial and ethnic minorities. And they're doing it with the help of funding from—and by working with—the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Get the scoop on what the FDA is doing.
https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Consum ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:39 pm

McCain Foods USA, Inc. Recalls Frozen Southern Style Hash Browns Due to Possible Health Risk. Product is Sold and Distributed Under The Roundy’s and Harris Teeter Retail Brands.

McCain Foods USA, Inc. announced today it is voluntarily recalling retail, frozen hash brown products that may be contaminated with extraneous golf ball materials, that despite our stringent supply standards may have been inadvertently harvested with potatoes used to make this product. Consumption of these products may pose a choking hazard or other physical injury to the mouth.

The Roundy’s products were distributed at Marianos, Metro Market, and Pick ‘n Save supermarkets in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. The Harris Teeter products were distributed in the states of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia and Maryland.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:42 pm

.............................. from the FDA ...............................

Frito-Lay Recalls Jalapeño Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked Potato Chips and Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Due to Potential Presence of Salmonella

Frito-Lay today announced it is voluntarily recalling select Jalapeño Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips and Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked potato chips due to the potential presence of Salmonella in the seasoning.

The products covered by this recall were distributed in retail stores and via foodservice, vending and other channels throughout the U.S.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:25 am

Organic Herbal Supply Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall Of All Lots Of Various Supplements For Male And Female Sexual Enhancement Due To Undeclared Active Ingredients

Organic Herbal Supply, Inc. announced today that it is conducting a voluntary nationwide recall of all lots of Uproar, Cummor, Zrect, Monkey Business, Xrect, Rectalis, Tornado, Zdaily, BigNHard, Enhancerol Natural Male Enhancement capsules. FDA analysis has found the products to contain Tadalafil. Tadalafil is a FDA-approved drug used as treatment for male Erectile Dysfunction (ED), the presence of tadalafil in these male enhancement products renders it an unapproved drug for which safety and efficacy have not been established and, therefore, subject to recall. Organic Herbal Supply is also recalling Zrect for Women and LabidaMAX. FDA analysis has found these two products contain Flibanserin, an FDA-approved prescription drug for Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD) in women. There have been no reports of illness to date.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:38 am

.......................... from the FDA ............................

FDA takes action against 14 companies for selling illegal cancer treatments

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today posted warning letters addressed to 14 U.S.-based companies illegally selling more than 65 products that fraudulently claim to prevent, diagnose, treat or cure cancer. The products are marketed and sold without FDA approval, most commonly on websites and social media platforms.

Read entire press release.
https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom ... ovdelivery

Products Claiming to "Cure" Cancer Are a Cruel Deception

Animal Health Topics
https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/de ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:11 am

McCain Foods USA, Inc. Expands Voluntary Recall of Frozen Hash Browns to include Wegman’s Retail Brand Due to Possible Health Risk

McCain Foods USA, Inc. announced today it is expanding the voluntary recall of retail, frozen hash brown products that may contain golf ball materials, specifically hard plastic or rubber pieces, that despite our stringent supply standards may have been inadvertently harvested with potatoes used to make this product. Consumption of these products may pose a choking hazard or other physical injury to the mouth. There have been no reported injuries associated with the consumption of this product.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 am

........................... from the FDA ............................

HIV and Hepatitis: Know Your Status and Learn About the FDA's Role

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Office of Minority Health is now focusing on educating people about HIV and hepatitis. The only way to know if you have these viruses is to be tested, so testing is important.

Learn more about FDA-cleared or approved tests and treatments.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:02 am

Lords Organics Recalls Ginger Powder Because Of Possible Health Risk

LORDS ORGANICS is recalling Ginger Powder Product from AGF Organic Veda, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.

(Product was distributed through ecommerce amazon.com online sales delivered through mail order postal delivery.)

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:15 am

Products Claiming to "Cure" Cancer Are a Cruel Deception

Many ads on social media and "healthy" websites claim their products can cure cancer. They cannot. Without clearance or approval for safety from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, these products can also contain dangerous ingredients and harm your health. That's true for products and treatments intended for humans and pets.

Learn more.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:17 am

Party Animal Recalls Dog Food Due To Potential Presence of Pentobarbital

On April 13, a retailer in Texas notified us that their customer had presented samples of our 13-ounce-can Cocolicious Beef & Turkey dog food (Lot #0136E15204 04, best by July 2019) and 13-ounce-can Cocolicious Chicken & Beef dog food (Lot #0134E15 237 13, best by August 2019) to a testing lab, and that the results had tested positive for pentobarbital.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Tue May 02, 2017 4:19 pm

Think Before You Ink: Are Tattoos Safe?

Are tattoos safe? Not always. More people are getting tattoos, and some have developed infections from contaminated inks, or had bad reactions to the inks themselves.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends asking these important questions before getting a tattoo

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri May 05, 2017 11:27 am

Imported Frozen Raw Tuna (Ahi) Cubes Distributed on Oahu Test Positive for Hepatitis A; Voluntary Product Recall Underway

The Hawaii State Department of Health (DOH) has been notified of imported frozen raw tuna or ahi cubes distributed by Tropic Fish Hawaii, LLC on Oahu that tested positive for hepatitis A. The product, imported from Indonesia, was used to prepare poke sold between April 27 – May 1 by food establishments on Oahu.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri May 05, 2017 11:29 am

Hepatitis C Treatments Give Patients More Options

Advances in drug treatments approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are giving the 3.2 million Americans with chronic hepatitis C a chance at a longer, healthier life. That’s welcome news for baby boomers—a generation that makes up three of four adults with the hepatitis C virus.

May is Hepatitis Awareness Month. Check out this Consumer Update to learn more about this preventable and curable disease.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri May 05, 2017 11:31 am

U.S. Deer Antler EX. & IM., INC. Announces The Recall Of Herbal Tea Varieties In Pouches Due To Risk For Clostridium Botulinum

U.S. Deer Antler Ex. & Imp., of Los Angeles, CA is recalling a variety of Herbal Teas prepared on premises between 4/1/17 and 4/30/17 in cooperation with an inspection made by the California Department of Public Health. The aforementioned Herbal Teas, especially those with low-acidity held at room temperature, were not produced according to approved guideline, making them susceptible to contamination by Clostridium botulinum.

The Herbal Teas were distributed to individual customers and acupuncturists in California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, North Carolina, Texas, and Virginia.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri May 05, 2017 11:43 am

Now Health Group Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Select Ellyndale® Nutty Infusions™

NOW Health Group, Inc. (NOW), of Bloomingdale, Illinois, is voluntarily recalling its Ellyndale® Nutty Infusions™ Roasted Cashew Butter – Product Code E0540, Lot# 2125155, and Ginger Wasabi Cashew Butter – Product Code E0541, Lot# 2124118 because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

A limited quantity of Nutty Infusions were distributed online and in retail stores nationwide.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sat May 06, 2017 9:58 am

......................... from the FDA ............................

Medtronic Mechanical Circulatory Support is expanding this recall to include an additional product code and instructions to exchange recalled products.

The company recalled the HVAD controller due to a loose power connector which may cause the rear portion of the pump’s driveline connector to become separated from the front portion of the driveline connector. A loose connector may allow moisture to enter the controller causing corrosion, electrical issues, reduced speaker volume and connection failures. If the speaker volume is decreased, the patient may not hear the alarm. If there is a loss of connection, the pump may stop which could cause serious adverse health consequences, including death.

https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safe ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sat May 06, 2017 10:07 am

........................ from the FDA ............................

Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanut in Limited Quantity of Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Pint Slices

Unilever is voluntarily recalling a limited number of boxes of Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Pint Slices, which may inadvertently contain Vanilla Peanut Butter Cup Pint Slices. Although the slices were individually wrapped and identified as Vanilla Peanut Butter Cup Pint Slices, the ingredient peanut butter (containing the known allergen peanut), is undeclared on the outer product packaging.

The product was manufactured in the United States. The product was distributed nationwide and reached consumers through retail stores

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sat May 06, 2017 10:09 am

........................ from the FDA ............................

FDA takes action against Florida medicated animal feed manufacturer

On May 4, 2017, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida entered a consent decree of permanent injunction between the United States and Syfrett Feed Company Inc. of Okeechobee, Florida; its owner and President Charles B. Syfrett I; Vice President Melissa S. Montes De Oca; and Operations Manager Charles B. Syfrett II. The consent decree requires the company to adequately control its production of medicated animal feeds and to comply with federal law before it can resume its medicated feed operations.

Read entire press release.
https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Tue May 09, 2017 11:17 am

Pinnacle Foods Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes, Frozen Waffles & Frozen French Toast Slices Due to Possible Listeria Contamination

Pinnacle Foods Inc. is voluntarily recalling all “Best By” dates of Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes, Frozen Waffles & Frozen French Toast Slices distributed nationally in the United States and one product into Mexico because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. No illnesses have been reported. The products are being recalled as a precautionary measure given the health and safety of our consumers is our top priority. Pinnacle Foods initiated the recall after testing indicated the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in the plant environment.

Distributed nationally in the United States

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Tue May 09, 2017 11:22 am

Depression: FDA-Approved Medications May Help

Depression is a serious medical illness. Not all depression requires treatment with medication. But medications approved for the treatment of depression by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration can help improve symptoms in some people. May is Mental Health Month.

Read the Consumer Update to learn more.

The Facts on Bipolar Disorder and FDA-Approved Treatments

Bipolar disorder is characterized by alternating periods of highs and lows—and it can feel like living life on a roller coaster. Proper diagnosis is important, and there are many FDA-approved medications that can help treat symptoms.

Learn more.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu May 11, 2017 11:31 am

Wegmans Food Markets Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Egg In Wegmans Family Pack Food You Feel Good About Net. Weight 48 ozs. (3 LB.) 1.36 KG Potato Salad

A.S.K. Foods, Inc. of Palmyra, Pennsylvania is voluntarily recalling one lot of Wegmans Family Pack Food You Feel Good About Net Wt. 48 oz. (3 LB.) 1.46 KG Potato Salad because it may contain undeclared egg. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to egg run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.

The recalled potato salad was distributed and sold at Wegmans Food Markets in NY, MA and Erie, PA.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed May 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Safety Information for Glucose Meters and Test Strips for Diabetes - How to Safely Use Glucose Meters and Test Strips for Diabetes

Glucose meters and test strips are medical devices regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. And the FDA wants to make sure you use these devices safely. See these 8 considerations, including advice on why you shouldn't buy—or sell—previously owned test strips.

Learn more.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu May 18, 2017 10:43 am

Henning’s Cheese voluntarily recalls Colby Jack cheese

Henning’s Cheese located in Kiel, Wisconsin, announced today that it is voluntarily recalling a limited amount of its Colby Jack cheese due to a temporary pasteurizer malfunction. Due to the malfunction, verification of proper pasteurization is not possible. No illnesses have been reported related to consumption of this product and no other Henning’s Cheese products are affected by this recall.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed May 24, 2017 10:05 am

L.A. Lucky Brand Basil Seed 2.1 oz Voluntary Recall Because of Possible Health Risk

L.A. Lucky Import & Export Inc. announced it is voluntarily recalling L.A. Lucky Brand Basil Seeds 2.1 oz due to presence of Salmonella in the packet. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.

L.A. Lucky Basil Seeds 2.1 oz were distributed nationwide in retail stores October 1, 2015 to May 15, 2017.

Return to “The Home of the Minions”