FDA 2017

Defending Free Speech in Canandaigua and Ontario County... and New York State. The USA, too. Ummm, the World also. Heck, the Universe.
ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: FDA 2017

Postby ajsuff » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:08 am

......................... from the FDA ............................

Commonwealth Dairy, LLC Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Almond In Aldi Key Lime Crunch Tilts

Commonwealth Dairy of Brattleboro, VT is recalling Friendly Farms Key Lime Crunch Tilts because it may contain undeclared almond pieces. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to almonds run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.

Friendly Farms Key Lime Crunch Tilts were distributed in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Illinois, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, and California and were sold in Aldi Stores in those states.

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm5 ... ovdelivery
Dimmi con chi vai, e ti diro chi sei –
Tell me with whom you associate and I’ll tell you what you are

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:42 am

........................ from the FDA ............................

Should You Put Sunscreen on Infants? Not Usually

It’s best not to use sunscreen on infants younger than 6 months. Instead, cover them up and keep them well shaded.

Learn other tips from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on how to protect babies from dangerous ultraviolet rays.
https://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consum ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:10 am

Medical Device Safety and Recalls: Datascope Corp./MAQUET Recalls Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps Due to Risk of Valve Failure Preventing Balloon Inflation and Deflation

Datascope Corp./MAQUET is recalling its CS100i, CS100, and CS300 Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps manufactured before June 30, 2013 due to the risk of a valve failure which prevents the balloon from inflating and deflating properly. If a patient requires circulatory support with an IABP and the device does not work, or if therapy is stopped during use without a replacement IABP available, device failure may result in immediate and serious adverse health consequences, including death.
On June 30, 2013, Datascope Corp./MAQUET implemented a design change to prevent this problem, but not all devices manufactured prior to June 13, 2013 have been serviced and upgraded.

https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safe ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:55 am

International Laboratories, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of One (1) Lot of Pravastatin Sodium Tablets USP, 40mg Packaged in Bottles of 30 Tablets Due to Mislabeling NDC # 54458-925-16; Lot # 115698A

International Laboratories, LLC is voluntarily recalling one (1) Lot of Pravastatin Sodium Tablets USP 40 mg packaged in bottles of 30 tablets, to the consumer level due to mislabeling. The product is labeled as Pravastatin Sodium Tablets USP 40 mg but contained Bupropion Hydrochloride XL 300 mg tablets.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:07 am

Recall of Certain Frozen Organic Dark Sweet Pitted Cherry Products Due to Possible Contamination by Listeria Monocytogenes

Out of an abundance of caution, SunOpta Inc’s subsidiary, Sunrise Growers Inc., has issued a voluntary recall of certain frozen organic dark sweet pitted cherry products due to the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

These recalled products were distributed to a customer distribution center in Louisiana and may have been redistributed to stores in Louisiana and Mississippi.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:29 am

Ticks and Lyme Disease: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention

Lyme disease is on the rise. How can you prevent it? What are the symptoms, and what should you do if you think you have it?

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has some answers here, and in a video.
https://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consum ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:15 am

Medical Device Safety and Recalls: Firmware Update to Address Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities Identified in Abbott's (formerly St. Jude Medical's) Implantable Cardiac Pacemakers: FDA Safety Communication

FDA has issued a safety communication to provide information and recommendations regarding a firmware update for St. Jude Medical’s implantable cardiac pacemakers. This safety communication informs patients and health care providers of the firmware update’s availability, and provides recommendations on how to administer the update to patients’ devices.

https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safe ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:45 am

PharMEDium Services, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of all unexpired lots of Oxytocin Compounded with Either Lactated Ringers or Lactated Ringers and Dextrose Due to Sub-Potency

PharMEDium Services, LLC (PharMEDium) is voluntarily recalling all unexpired lots of Oxytocin compounded with Lactated Ringers and all unexpired lots of Oxytocin compounded with Lactated Ringers and Dextrose products that were produced between July 6, 2017 and August 29, 2017 to the hospital/user level. The recall is being issued based on laboratory test results indicating a lower than expected potency on certain lots of Oxytocin compounded with Lactated Ringers and Oxytocin Compounded with Lactated Ringers and Dextrose which would lead to a lower dose being administered

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:48 am

Wakefern Food Corp. Voluntarily Recalls ShopRite Semi-Sweet Real Chocolate Chips

Wakefern Food Corp. has initiated a voluntary recall of its ShopRite brand Semi-Sweet Real Chocolate Chips. The chips were sold in 24 oz. bags bearing a UPC bar code of 041190 02668 and Best if Used By dates of April 11, 2019 and April 12, 2019.

Founded in 1946, the cooperative comprises 50 members who today independently own and operate 343 supermarkets under the ShopRite, The Fresh Grocer, Price Rite and Dearborn Market banners in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Virginia.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:53 am

....................... from the FDA ............................

Prostate Cancer: Symptoms, Tests, and Treatment

Prostate Cancer - New Approaches to treatment hold promise

September is Prostate Cancer Health Awareness Month. Prostate cancer is the second most common cause of cancer-related deaths among American men, but new approaches to treatment hold promise.

Read this Consumer Update to learn more.
https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Consum ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:43 am

Product Recall By Wegmans Assorted Muffins 4 Pack

The assorted muffin four pack may include a banana nut muffin containing walnuts, an allergen not listed on the label. People who have an allergy or sensitivity to nuts should not consume this product.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 pm

Minor Use/Minor Species Drug Designations List

Designation is a status that makes a pharmaceutical sponsor eligible for incentives to support drug approval. Designation does not allow the drug to be marketed (sold, promoted, or advertised). It is illegal to market these products until they are approved or conditionally approved.

View current Designations List
https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/De ... 125445.htm

More Animal Health Topics
https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/default.htm

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:15 am

The FDA Encourages New Treatments for Sickle Cell Disease

Sickle cell disease is the most common inherited blood disorder in the United States. New treatments are needed to prevent and treat its serious complications. That’s why the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is working with patients and stakeholders to help.

Read the article, and see the related video, to learn how the FDA is encouraging innovation.
https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Consum ... aignId=181

Related Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e45zeg ... e=youtu.be

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:03 am

Gadget Island, Inc. Dba Gear Isle Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Dietary Supplements Due to Undeclared Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients.

Newark, CA, Gadget Island, Inc. is voluntarily recalling to the consumer level. The products have been found to contain undeclared Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients sildenafil, desmethyl carbodenafil and tadalafil.

Rhino 7 Platinum 5000, UPC 617135861224, LOT# R7-D5K1011H
Papa Zen 3000, UPC 718122032587, LOT# NSS050888
Fifty Shades 6000, UPC 4026666146056, LOT# No Lot Number
Grande X 5800, UPC 640793555440, LOT# No Lot Number

Risk Statement: Use of products with undeclared active ingredients sildenafil, tadalafil and desmethyl carbodenafil may pose a threat to consumers because the active ingredient may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs (such as nitroglycerin) and may cause a significant drop in blood pressure that may be life threatening. Among the adult male population who are most likely to use these products, adult males who use nitrates for cardiac conditions are the most at risk from these products.

The products were distributed Nationwide via internet sales.

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm576785.htm

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:17 am

Death Wish Coffee Co. Announces Recall of Nitro Cold Brew Cans From Retailers, Online Sales

Death Wish Coffee Co. (“Death Wish”), the Round Lake, N.Y.-based Coffee producer known for producing the ‘World’s Strongest Coffee’, has initiated a recall its 11-oz Death Wish Nitro Cold Brew cans. Death Wish in conjunction with an outside Process Authority has determined that the current process could lead to the growth and production of the deadly toxin, botulin, in low acid foods commercialized in reduced oxygen packaging. Botulism, a potentially fatal form of food poisoning, can cause the following symptoms: general weakness, dizziness, double-vision and trouble with speaking or swallowing. Difficulty in breathing, weakness of other muscles, abdominal distention and constipation may also be common symptoms. People experiencing these problems should seek immediate medical attention.

Death Wish Nitro cans have been removed from the company’s online store, in addition to it has been pulled from shelves at Price Chopper/Market 32, Healthy Living Market & Café, and independent retailers at the behest of Death Wish Coffee.

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm576809.htm

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:20 am

FDA, CDC, and USDA Announce 2017 Scientific Meeting of the National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, along with its National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System partners, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention & the United States Department of Agriculture, will be holding the 2017 Scientific Meeting of the National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System (NARMS). The purpose of this public meeting will be to summarize NARMS progress since the last public meeting in 2014, present recommendations made by the recent FDA Science Board review of NARMS in 2017, and to explore new possible directions for NARMS within a One Health paradigm.

The public meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 24 and Wednesday, October 25, 2017, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s South Building, in the Jefferson Auditorium, 14th & Independence Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20250.

Read entire press release.
https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/Ne ... 576493.htm

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:45 am

Black Licorice: Trick or Treat

With Halloween here (and all the candy that comes with it), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration encourages moderation if you enjoy snacking on black licorice. If you're 40 or older, eating 2 ounces of black licorice a day for at least two weeks could land you in the hospital with an irregular heart rhythm.

Like black licorice? Watch this video and read an article on tips for eating it safely.
https://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consum ... 277152.htm

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:49 am

Breast Cancer Screening: What You Need to Know

It's true: the mammogram (a low-dose X-ray of the breast) still is the best tool for breast cancer screening. And the U.S. Food and Drug Administration clears and approves new mammography devices—and certifies facilities that perform mammography—to help keep you safe.

Learn four important facts about mammography, including how to find the closest certified facility.

Then find out why a type of test called a thermogram is no substitute for a mammogram.

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Consum ... 420463.htm

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:15 am

T. Marzetti Company Voluntarily Recalls Frozen Biscuit Dough Packed Under Various Brands Due to Potential Listeria Contamination

As a precautionary measure, T. Marzetti Company is voluntarily recalling all “Best By” dates of the following products that were distributed in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia, because they may have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

Consumers should not consume these products. No illnesses have been reported in connection with the recalled items.

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm5 ... rce=Eloqua

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:41 pm

........................... from the FDA ..........................

National Frozen Foods Corporation Recalls Frozen Green Beans and Frozen Mixed Vegetables Because of Possible Health Risk

National Frozen Foods Corporation (NFFC) is voluntarily recalling a limited quantity of Not-Ready-To Eat Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) green beans and IQF mixed vegetables because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

Following cooking preparation instructions on the labels of master cases or packages will effectively reduce the risk of exposure to this bacterium

This press release includes recalled products distributed to foodservice accounts in bulk and packaged containers in AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, KS, MI, MS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OR, TN, TX, VA, and WA. The products being recalled listed below were distributed between August 18, 2017 and January 12, 2018.

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm5 ... rce=Eloqua

Return to “The Home of the Minions”