FDA 2017

Defending Free Speech in Canandaigua and Ontario County... and New York State. The USA, too. Ummm, the World also. Heck, the Universe.
ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion
The middle number please (3): 5

FDA 2017

Postby ajsuff » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:41 pm

....................................... from the FDA ...................................

The J.M. Smucker Company Announces a Limited Voluntary Recall on Certain Lots of Canned Cat Food Due to Low Levels of Thiamine (Vitamin B1)

The J.M. Smucker Company today announced a limited voluntary recall on certain lots of 9LivesTM, EverPetTM, and Special KittyTM canned cat food due to possible low levels of thiamine (Vitamin B1).

Read more:
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm53 ... ovdelivery.
Dimmi con chi vai, e ti diro chi sei –
Tell me with whom you associate and I’ll tell you what you are

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Re: FDA 2017

Postby ajsuff » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:43 pm

............................... from the FDA .......................................

[size=150]FDA Publishes Design Recommendations for Residue Studies in Honey

[b]The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today published a draft guidance for industry (GFI) #243 entitled “Studies to Evaluate the Metabolism and Residue Kinetics of Veterinary Drugs in Food-Producing Species: Study Design Recommendations for Residue Studies in Honey for Establishing MRLs and Withdrawal Periods.”

Read more:
http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/New ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:46 pm

............................... from the FDA .......................................

FDA Consumer Health Information - Adding Folic Acid to Corn Masa Flour May Prevent Birth Defects

January is National Birth Defects Prevention Month. If you’re expecting a baby, your diet may be missing a key ingredient believed to help prevent certain kinds of birth defects. That ingredient? Folic acid.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Consume ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:08 am

....................................... from the FDA ...................................

Hostess Brands, LLC Issues Voluntary Recall of Limited-Edition Holiday White Peppermint Hostess® Twinkies® because of Possible Health Risk

Hostess Brands, LLC (“Hostess”) is voluntarily recalling its Holiday White Peppermint Hostess® Twinkies® because of a recall by Blommer Chocolate Company of the confectionary coating used on the Holiday White Peppermint Hostess Twinkies product. The confectionary coating contains milk powder ingredients recalled by Valley Milk Products, LLC due to a concern of Salmonella contamination. No illnesses have been reported to date, and none of the confectionary coating sampled has tested positive for Salmonella. However, Hostess is initiating this voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution.

(The products were sold to mass merchandisers, grocery stores, distributors, dollar and discount stores, and convenience stores throughout the United States.)

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm53 ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:11 am

...................................... from the FDA ...................................

FDA Consumer Health Information - FDA Encourages More Participation, Diversity in Clinical Trials

Clinical trials are voluntary human research studies designed to answer specific questions about the safety and effectiveness of drugs, vaccines, devices, and other therapies—or to study new ways of using existing treatments. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is encouraging more people—including members of diverse racial and ethnic groups, women, and older adults—to participate in clinical trials.

Read the Consumer Update to learn why.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:26 am

...................................... from the FDA ...................................

The J.M. Smucker Company Expands Limited Voluntary Recall on Certain Lots of Canned Cat Food Due to Low Levels of Thiamine (Vitamin B1)

The J.M. Smucker Company is expanding the limited voluntary recall on certain lots of 9LivesTM, EverPetTM, and Special KittyTM canned cat food due to possible low levels of thiamine (Vitamin B1).

Read more.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:41 am

...................................... from the FDA ..................................

Statement from FDA Commissioner Robert Califf, M.D. announcing new draft guidances on medical product communications

We recognize that there is a high level of interest regarding FDA’s views on communications about medical products. We are committed to an ongoing dialogue with industry and other stakeholders, and, when needed, providing guidance to clarify the agency’s thinking on these issues. Today, the FDA released two separate draft guidances that will each help provide clarity for medical product companies, as well as other interested parties, on FDA’s current thinking and recommendations for a few different types of communications about medical products.

Read more.
http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/ ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:43 am

...................................... from the FDA ..................................

Blue Ridge Beef Recalls Product Because of Possible Health Risk

Blue Ridge Beef is voluntarily recalling one (1) of its frozen products due to their potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Listeria can affect animals eating the product. There is a risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surface exposed to these products.

(The affected Products were distributed to retail stores in the following states: NC SC GA FL)

Read more.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:42 am

FDA Consumer Health Information

What to ask your doctor before taking opioids — and how to dispose of them

Every patient should ask questions when getting a new prescription. This is especially important when your doctor, dentist or other health care professional prescribes you an opioid, such as hydrocodone, oxycodone, codeine and morphine. Opioids approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) can be used to treat certain kinds of acute and chronic pain. No matter who is writing the prescription, ask these questions before taking opioids.

How to Dispose of Unused Medicines

Is your medicine cabinet full of expired drugs or medications you no longer use? How should you dispose of them? Many community-based drug “take-back” programs offer the best option. If there is no drug take-back program near you, FDA has created a list of opioid pain medicines we recommend you flush down the toilet when they’re no longer needed. Otherwise, almost all medicines can be thrown in the household trash, with some precautions.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:45 am

FDA Consumer Health Information

Is It Really 'FDA Approved?'

How can you know for sure what the U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulates? FDA is responsible for protecting the public health by regulating human drugs and biologics, animal drugs, medical devices, tobacco products, food and animal feed, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation.

Here is a guide to how FDA regulates products —and what the agency does (and doesn’t) approve.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:50 am

Dutch Valley Food Distributors, Inc. Announces a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Cappuccino Snack Mix For Potential Salmonella

As a result of an ingredient supplier recall, Dutch Valley is issuing a recall on Cappuccino Snack Mix due to the potential for it to be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.

(These items were distributed nationwide and affect the following states: DE, FL,GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WI, WV)

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:53 am

..................................... from the FDA ...................................

Tupperware U.S., Inc. Recalls Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Because of Possible Health Risk

Tupperware U.S., Inc. of Orlando, Florida, is voluntarily recalling limited quantities of Southwest Chipotle Seasoning, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The product was manufactured for Tupperware by a third party blender of fine spices and seasonings.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:13 am

Chip’n Dipped Voluntarily Expands Recall to Include 7 More of it’s Dark Chocolate Bars Due to Possible Presence of Undeclared Milk

Chip’n Dipped of Huntington, NY, is expanding its recall of it’s dark chocolate bars to include, Dark Chocolate Almond, 63% Dark Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Pretzel, Hot Dark Chocolate Habanero, Dark Chocolate Marshmallow, Extra Dark Chocolate 72% & Super Smooth Dark Chocolate 86%. People who have allergies to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume these products.

(The recalled of the above chocolate bars were distributed to seven retail stores in NY, PA & MA)

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:33 am

King's Pastry Canada Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared (Hazelnuts) In Various Cakes

King's Pastry, located in Ontario, Canada, is voluntarily recalling the following cakes because the products contained tree nut (hazelnut) allergens that were not listed on the product labels. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to tree nuts (hazelnut) run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.

(Product was distributed to retail stores and food service in IL, HI, MA and NY.)

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:54 am

Is Rinsing Your Sinuses With Neti Pots Safe?

Nasal irrigation devices, such as neti pots, can be effective for allergies, sinus infections and other conditions. But they must be used and cleaned properly and only with specific types of water. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), improper use of these neti pots and other nasal rinsing devices can increase your risk of infection.

Read the Consumer Update to learn more.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:10 am

....................................... from the FDA ..................................

Improving Your Odds for Cervical Health

January is Cervical Health Awareness month, a time to get out the word about steps women can take to prevent and detect cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is largely preventable and, if detected early, curable. The key to prevention is vaccination, and the key to early detection comes down to two tests, says the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Read the Consumer Update to learn about two tests for early detection.
http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consume ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:17 pm

Le Fedou, Fromagerie De Hyelzas Sas Recalls “Tomme Brebis Fedou Cheese” and “Soureliette Cheese” because of Possible Health Risk

Fromi USA is recalling its 7 cases of Soureliette cheese and 2 cases of Tomme Brebis Fedou because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

(The recalled Tomme Brebis Fedou cheese and Soureliette were distributed to CA, NY and MA through retail stores.)

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 pm

.................................... from the FDA ...................................

Medical Device Safety and Recalls: Bard Peripheral Vascular Inc. Recalls Halo One Thin-Walled Guiding Sheath Due to Sheath Separation, Kinking, or Tip Damage

Bard Peripheral Vascular Inc. is recalling the Halo One Thin-Walled Guiding Sheath because the sheath body may separate from the sheath hub while removing the device from the patient's leg. The company also reports that the sheath may kink, and that its tip may become damaged during the procedure. The use of affected sheaths may result in prolonged procedure times and on additional surgical intervention to remove detached components from the patient. The affected product may cause other serious adverse health consequences such as internal tears and perforation to arteries or veins, excessive bleeding, and death.

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safet ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:37 pm

U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company Voluntarily Recalls Certain Smokeless Tobacco Products Manufactured at its Franklin Park, IL Facility

U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company (USSTC) is voluntarily recalling certain of its smokeless tobacco products, listed in the chart below, manufactured at USSTC’s facility in Franklin Park, IL. USSTC has notified the U.S. Food and Drug Administration of the recall and is working with federal authorities on this matter. USSTC initiated the recall after receiving eight consumer complaints of foreign metal objects, including sharp metal objects, found in select cans.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Kingsway Trading Inc. Recalls “Xanthium & Siler Combo (Bi Yan Pian) Dietary Supplement” because it Contains Banned Ephedra Alkaloids

Kingsway Trading Inc. of Brooklyn, NY is recalling its 1.06 oz (30g) bottles of “Well Balance Xanthium & Siler Combo (Bi Yan Pian)” Batch No. 130401 & Batch No. 150201 because they contain the presence of undeclared Ephedra Herba (ma huang), an FDA banned item. Dietary supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids pose a risk of serious adverse events, including heart attack, stroke, and death, and that these risks are unreasonable in light of any benefits that may result from the use of these products under their labeled conditions of use, or under ordinary conditions of use if the labeling is silent.

Product was distributed to: MA, NJ, NY, IL, MD, FL, MO, TX, IN, GA, DE, CO, VA, PA, CT, OR, VA, AZ

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm54 ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:28 pm

..................................... from the FDA ...................................

Medical Device Safety and Recalls: CareFusion Recalls Alaris Syringe Pump due to an Alarm Error Which May Cause Interruption of Therapy

CareFusion is recalling the Alaris Syringe Pump because of a faulty Air-In-Line (AIL) sensor which may generate a false alarm, and cause the syringe pump to stop supplying the infusion to the patient. If the AIL sensor is faulty, the false alarm may be repeated and require the health care provider to clear the alarm to restart the infusion. Interruption of infusion could lead to serious adverse health consequences or death.

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safet ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:31 pm

................................... from the FDA ...................................

Update of CVM's What's New - Cancer Drug for Dogs (Paccal Vet-CA1 ) No Longer Conditionally Approved

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is giving notice that the agency is withdrawing the conditional approval for Paccal Vet-CA1 (paclitaxel for injection) at the request of the drug’s manufacturer, Oasmia Pharmaceutical AB. Paccal Vet-CA1 was intended to treat certain mammary and squamous cell carcinomas in dogs that have not received previous chemotherapy or radiation therapy. The conditional approval for Paccal Vet-CA1 is no longer in effect as of February 8, 2017. Paccal Vet-CA1 is now an unapproved animal drug with no legal marketing status and further sales of the drug are illegal.

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/New ... ovdelivery

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:35 pm

................................. from the FDA ...................................

Exela Pharma Sciences, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Ibuprofen Lysine Injection, 20 Mg/2 Ml (10 Mg/Ml) Due to Particulate Matter

Exela Pharma Sciences, LLC (“Exela”), in association with marketer X-Gen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“X-Gen”), is voluntarily recalling lot number PLND1613 of Ibuprofen Lysine Injection, 20 mg /2 mL (10 mg/mL), vials to the hospital or user level. Some of the vials have been found to contain particulate matter.

The product was distributed nationwide to wholesalers and distributors for further distribution to hospitals and retail customers.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:52 pm

................................. from the FDA ...................................

Palmer Candy Company Announces Voluntary Limited Recall of Select Candy Products

Palmer Candy Company (http://www.palmercandy.com), a privately-held, fifth-generation manufacturer of chocolate and holiday confections, announced today a limited recall of certain chocolate products after being informed by a supplier that a milk powder ingredient used in a compound chocolate coating that they supply to Palmer Candy Company has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:54 pm

The FDA is issuing this recall notice from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency to alert U.S. consumers who may have purchased these products in Canada not to eat or serve them. The products under recall were manufactured specifically for the Canadian marketplace. - Updated Food Recall Warning - PC Organics brand baby food pouches recalled due to potential presence of dangerous bacteria

The food recall warning issued on February 3, 2017 has been updated to include additional products. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) food safety investigation. Loblaw Companies Limited is recalling PC Organics brand baby food pouches from the marketplace because they may permit the growth of Clostridium botulinum.

Return to “The Home of the Minions”