Good Morning Minionville 2017

Defending Free Speech in Canandaigua and Ontario County... and New York State. The USA, too. Ummm, the World also. Heck, the Universe.
Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: Good Morning Minionville 2017

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Going to see Dunkirk, then off to Wally's
Don't blame me! I voted for Bernie!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Suzannes having her girls over for dinner. I'll be going to Wally's!

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:46 am

Had a horrible ear infection last Saturday night- came on like a thief in the night. This is how it happens with me. Was great at Elks Pizza & Wing. Then got sciatica and a very stiff neck next. Going to PT. All this great weather and number of things to do, and I think not much will get done. This is called the Golden years, and they've not been very golden to me.I need to sell this palace and move to the Grove Condo's. Then head to Carson City Plan during winter. Head to Yerrington, NV.,near the Truckee river. Empties into Lake Tahoe.

Today were canning another 25 lbs of tomatoes. These tomatoes are absolutely magnificent. We'll end up around 30 qts. We started early today, and they've sealed. Down to cellar stacked on shelves for future meals.

Went to Cooper's Stand on Rt 21 and picked up some grapes - Canadice. If you never had therm, they are very small light pinkish and very week. Qt basket $2.00. They had 4 qt & 8 qt baskets for around $4 -or more. We also picked up a Butternut and 2 spaghetti squashes fro $1 each. Price depends on size. They have all kinds of squashes at great prices. They are the left hand side of Rt 21 just past Seneca Pt Rd, and just before Russell-Standish. Good prices and always quality foods.

Be going to Standish's for grape juices. No longer drink alcohol or making it in large volumns, I'm no longer interested in making wine. But our canned juices are divine. We will be canning them next. They sent us their list as they usually do annually, and said the grape production was somewhat delayed due to the large amount of rain. But they did have a good crop and gave dates. I still make German beer and will be making soon a Hefeweissen, a wheat beer for the wife. Mine is made with only 4 ingredients - German Purity Law (Reinheitsgebot)

Yesterday, we took huge amount of camping stuff used at Tug Hill camp. An 8'X8' privacy tent for showering, along with 2 showering set, one that could be used with a propane tank and provide warm heated water. All was new and in mint shape. Also a camping wash sink that has a mirror,with places to place toothbrushes, soap,etc and closes for easy storage.

Today, I'm taking to Salvation Army at Walmart parking lot, brand new corduroy's I bought last winter which no longer fit, since I lost so much weight from my heart by-pass. And a bunch of other things.
Dimmi con chi vai, e ti diro chi sei –
Tell me with whom you associate and I’ll tell you what you are

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Last night we went to the Community Meal at Fire Hall as usual. Chile, mac & cheese, salad, cookie and dessert. We took 4 take outs.

Today went to PT for sciataca and stiff neck. Helping me well.

Beautiful summer day - Personally, I wish this weather to cease and bring on the cold. We had no summer no reason to start now. I probably be picking zucchini's till my birthday - late October. Oh we don't have Global weather pattern change.

Stopped by Montezuma yesterday. A number of birds visiting for a while. Huge number of his royal majesty - Canadian Geese, yellow legs, kill deer. We will be monitoring these migratory birds to see how long they stay here. Its another part in the study of Climate Change. We find a number of migratory birds, such was snow geese, various swans, and some such as Red wing blackbird staying here till mid-January. They NORMALLY go to Maryland by Mid- September. Hell we haven't even had a first frost yet. Some who've live here long enough, may recall that the first frosts back long ago was by Sept 20 at the latest. This was beginning of Indian Summer and shortly thereafter that was ended by a frost. Unless you have memory loss or a member of the Republican party or a huge fan of Corporate America, you will differ. We have volunteers from all walks of life, even some of different political persuasion, but see things as they are today. Climate change began here in mid 1970's and has never looked back. Remember you don't want the Thermohaline Circulation to be disrupted because if it is, then God Help us. The Earth will still be here, as I told a Professor in Wyoming who course I was taking regarding Climate Change, and if a major tragic was caused by this issue. I said the Earth will still be here; but many of us will not.

Then we then will begin starting all over again doing it once again for greed, money,wealth and domination of minds. Remember what jesus taught us in his parables about the rich people and how difficult it will be for them to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. It's runs throughout the new testament in all Gospels. The TV preacher should read it also.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:06 am

Off to Florida today to check on my mom after the hurricane.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Be hot down there and hot when I get back!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Here in Florida - 90 degrees

Home in Canandaigua- 90 degrees

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Plenty hot in Florida today!

mscales
Whoopie Cushion Minion
Whoopie Cushion Minion

Postby mscales » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Hope all is well with your Mom. ✌
Grow, where you are planted....

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:37 pm

She’s doing ok!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:59 am

Still several hundred degrees in Florida.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:41 am

Good day to get the lawn mowed. Blessing box takings and donations picking up will have to fill up shortly.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:10 pm

Friends from Maine left today heading for MA and then home to western Maine. Western Maine is absolutely beautiful.

This past week has not been good to me. I was taking my grandson off the electric piano which he enjoys playing when I had a TIA or called a mini-stroke. My whole right side, leg, hand and face were paralyzed. I could not speak and 911 was called. In 2-3 minutes I was ok. Ambulance came and took me to the UR/Thompson Stroke Center, and upon arriving immediately went for a CAT SCAN which came out negative. However, having carotid surgery one of our friends from Maine who is is a professional in medical field told me, Al, I don't know if you know, this but when they do carotid artery surgery, some of the plaque they miss and that plaque enters your body via blood vessels to the head and brain, called SHOWERS, and cause a TIA or mini stroke which is of short duration. I called my vascural surgeons office and they also said this was true. Nevertheless, you will need a Cat Scan to make sure you do not have a clot in your brain and need the CLOT BUSTER SHOT. My next door neighbor had this same surgery and had 2 TIA's or mini strokes, both of short duration and negative Cat Scan. So far 2017 has not been good to me.

Tomorrow back to PT for horrible sciatica and stiff neck and then later a MD visits. All those mountain spills, and doing daring things in my younger years are coming back with arthritis in many of my joints. But I've done things and gone places that many just dream about. And hopefully soon I will doing it again.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:03 am

Doing the farmer's market in Rochester this morning.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:41 am

The wife and her Mother are at VFW downtown today for their rummage sale. We gave lots of great clothes, and other things. All my corduroys I bought last year -36 waist are way too big and all came from Penney's and all in mint condition along with mint baseball and football caps and host of other things.

In Septeember VFW failed to appropriate or leave money for our luncheon so I went to Mark's and got a $45 card for pizza and other things for the Veterans Recovery Program. This month they got their s**t together and we did a luncheon this past Thursday. We also made a pie for the Ladies Comfort Dinners at Elks Club (2nd Thursday of each month and all money from program go to Light Hill. Every month its a different meal. They serve over 100 meals and its open to the public. You enter from the back - level entry. $9 a meal includes salad, meal, coffee, tea and dessert, and includes tax and gratuity. Can't beat the price nowhere, like their breakfasts which will start up soon in November and all monies from that go to Cerebral Palysis. You get 2-3 eggs and any style,home fries, bacon, ham, sausage, and you can order all 3 if you wish, pancakes and/or french toast or both. You have a choice of breads, and juice- orange or tomato. I usually order 2 poached eggs, home fries, bacon & ham, french toast, wheat bread, tomato juice and coffee. Free refills on drinks. All for $8 includes tax and gratuity. No where in town offers a better breakfast and again all proceeds go to charity. They serve hundreds of meals and is open to the public from 8 -11:30 pm. I believe. Entry in back - level entry and easy parking.

Going down to Russel Standish and get some wine juice to make canned juice in qt jars. Getting 2-3 gallons. Our tomatoes are all canned - we have over 33 qts done. We have peaches, pears, canned along with freezer jams of black raspberries, raspberries and 18 lbs of blueberries in freezer. Went east to Waterloo for peppers sat Cottrell's on Rt 96 just outside Waterloo. Stay out of Penn Yan and Naples. Bought a 8 qt basket of red beauties - sweet red peppers for $6; bought a 8 qt basket of Italian Horns - sweet red peppers - for $6; bought a local gardener who had trouble with habanero's - 4 qt baskets of habs for $2 each. Bought pumpkins for $2 -2.50 depending on size. Farmers market in CA is outrageously high, I think, but this is a big shot town. What this local also wants is Cayenne's which I cannot find anywhere. I gather unless you grow them, they just aren't around. If anyone knows where I may locate some let me know.He uses habanero's and cayenne's in his salsa, which you can also try with your breakfast at the the Elks.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Public Market in Rochester this morning had every possible type of pepper coming out the yin yang!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Another plenty nice day, another lady built a blessing box, we're going out to see it!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:55 am

Mowing the lawn today, buncha errands to run, doing stuff around the house.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:35 pm

Taking the family out for dinner tonight celebrating the wife and mine 41st Wedding Anniversary (not bad for a LIBERAL) which was on October 16th; my first sons birthday on October 14th (Ike's Birthday too); my 2nd second sons birthday which will be on 1/24; my birthday, 10/25; and my seconds son's wife birthday, 10/27.

Still having neck problems and need to return to PT. Also on Thursday to the Vascural Surgeon to find out the report on my CTA,which was needed to do after my TIA,mini stroke which lasted 2 minutes, but I was completely paralyzed on right side, and was due to carotid artery surgery and called SHOWER. Not every one gets this but sometimes when the plaque is removed, some of the plaque travels to he head area and as a shower causes a mini-stroke or TIA.They are generally short lived time wise,but nevertheless, you still need to be taken by ambulance to the UR/Thompson Stroke Center, where they are awaiting your arrival, and where you will immediately be taken for a CAT Scan to determine is you have a blood clot in the brain. Time is of critical importance here. If you do have a blood clot, the administer the CLOT BUSTER shot. Mine was negative. CLOT BUSTER shot cost $9,000. Hope you have good insurance. These showers can a happen anytime between 6-8 weeks after surgery. Mine got me 7 weeks, 2 days. I'm in my 10th week now.The CTA will determine is there are any arteries behind the neck that are blocked. In most cases this comes out negative for many.y next door neighbor had 2 TIA following his carotid artery surgery. His CTA was negative. We'll see

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:02 am

Could be a nice Summer day towards the end of October

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:18 pm

going to see blade runner tonight

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:29 am

Some running around to do today, more donations expected. People are unbelievably generous.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:39 am

All ready for the Trick or Treaters tonight. Not too many on my street get into this. But we'll always get a bunch and have lots of candy. Hopefully they take it all.

Donated all my Halloween decorations - window lights and outside ornaments to the Elks Club locally last year. Also giving them all my Christmas window decorations and outside ornaments as well. My days are done for huge decorating for these holidays.

We do use colored window candles (electric type -which are hard to find) that reflect the season holiday. Finding C7's in green color is very difficult. All of the stores I've checked have C7's in Blue, Red, White and clear. I gather green C7's have lost favor for Christmas. So need to go online.

Another use for Green C7's is in those lights that attract fleas and have sticky paper. These lights attract the fleas and green light fro some reason fleas like the best. But clear will work fine as well. Don't let any salesman tell you otherwise. I've been using this device for many years with a number of dogs. I have 3 of them position in different rooms where the animal spends much time. The Farm Store in Farmington use to sell the sticky paper and the light devises as well. Otherwise they can be purchased on line.

We ha a pretty decent harvest considering all the rain. We canned many qt jars of tomatoes, fruit (pears & peaches), wine juice (Isabella this year), herbal vinegar in fancy bottles labeled with ingredients and nicely decorated for future gifts. All are herbs are dried and placed in glass jars for future culinary use. We also have begun winter herbal plantings which we use in our winter recipes.

Substituting fresh herbs for dried called in recipes can add a level of flavor to many recipes. Use 2 1/2 teaspoons of fresh, chopped herbs in place of 1 teaspoon of dried. The flavors and intensity of most varieties is concentrate in the dehydration process. Always use a sharp knife when chopping to avoid brushing the leaves.

Another trick to wake up flavor of dried herbs is to briefly soak them in a little dry white wine before using. The acidity helps re-release the flavor. Always measure the dried herb before hydrating. A few minutes of soaking are all that is necessary. Do not revive more herbs than you will use immediately as hey will not store well.

For some MINION Chefs who enjoy mushrooms, who wish to substitute dried mushrooms for Fresh. To replace fresh mushrooms in a recipe with the dried variety can be done using this simple formula - Use 6 ounces of dried to replace a pound of fresh. It's best to soak the dried mushrooms in warm water for 25 minutes. Drain (saving the liquid for soups) before adding to the recipe.

One of the nice things of Fall is getting pumpkin, cutting them up and making pumpkin pie, pumpkin butter, and pumpkin seeds. We wash the seeds in warm water and add in a single layer to a cookie sheet. We lightly coat with salt and touch of oil, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring freque3ntly. Cool and use immediately or store in an airtight jar.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:37 pm

Pretty cold out for the little ones!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:59 am

Doing a presentation to the National Honor Society today; they're interested in sponsoring Noah's Blassing Box with donations.

Return to “The Home of the Minions”