Good Morning Minionville 2017

Defending Free Speech in Canandaigua and Ontario County... and New York State. The USA, too. Ummm, the World also. Heck, the Universe.
Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion
The middle number please (3): 5

Good Morning Minionville 2017

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:40 am

Off to another day in the mines!
Don't blame me! I voted for Bernie!

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Re: Good Morning Minionville 2017

Postby ajsuff » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Been busy so far - meetings in Rochester yesterday. Today MD appointments and cardiac rehab. Tomorrow cat scan to view a carotid artery to determine surgery. Also have a meeting at Life Span and to view our new office space. With a wonderful working relationship with Life Spans, in Lohman Plaza, we are opening an office to assist hard of hearing people who are searching for any device to help them hear on the phone, TV, music, in loud background nose, and a host of other environmental noises and needs.
Dimmi con chi vai, e ti diro chi sei –
Tell me with whom you associate and I’ll tell you what you are

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:38 am

Another funeral this morning… some other friends lost their son to an overdose, alas.

Fare thee well, young man.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:50 am

Yesterday headed east to Glenwood Farms and stop and visited old friends. Gassed up for $2.27. Could have beat that price at Tops in G-Town with my 30 cents a gallon off. Good till end of January. Maybe take the Nissan XTerra down. Or,Next time. Got oven roasted turkey breast for $3.99lb and swiss for same price. Wife picked up a few things then we headed to Phelps to see my cousin. Had lunch at the McGee Dinner on Rt 414. I had a large salad with grilled chicken and loaded for $6.

For this Chrsitmas I bought everyone at USA Made downtown store an unusual window scrapper and does it do the job.Made in America and quite well. Looks like a round mic who would speak out of. One side has small scrappers for ice and the wide bottom is for snow. Worked excellent during this last ice storm we had. Mike and Diane have some nice gifts there.

Got to make the rounds today.

Tired Old Man
Hairy Stink-Eye Ringleader Minion
Hairy Stink-Eye Ringleader Minion

Postby Tired Old Man » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:34 pm

:e cry: :e cry:

Jeff Marinelli wrote:Another funeral this morning… some other friends lost their son to an overdose, alas.

Fare thee well, young man.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:22 pm

Got Grandson (three- four days per week) to save Day Care Cost - $50-$70 per day.

Spring is right around the corner and all of us who garden are getting ready and going over our seeds. Seeds from italy catalog came the other day, and I'll be ordering along with friends east of here for things. We barter our foods. An d we all grown them similar - all organic and non-gmo. Hopefully I won't need to go to the grocers for any veggies at all this year. The price of seeds is very good fro how many seeds you get depending on the veggie. None of the seeds are genetically modified (GMO seeds are banned in Italy) They also have signed the Safe Seed Pledge and they will never knowingly buy or sell GMO seeds. Seeds from Italy are extremely generous by US Standards making them a great value for home and commercial growers. And because of differences in European laws governing seeds, plus their superior packaging, their seeds are dated farther in the future than US seed packets. Germination rate is guaranteed until the date on the packet or your money is REFUNDED. THAT'S ITALIAN!
Interested - visit their website at: http://www.growitalian.com
You can also sign up for free email newsletters - Generally once a month they send an email newsletter with sales, special others, new products,contests, recipes, reader photos, and more. Go to http://www.growitalian.com and scroll to the bottom of the page. Under "Subscribe to our newsletter enter your email address and first name.

Making more raised gardens (12' X 6") this year with fencing over them.

Made turkey soup this am with left over carcass. Great soup. Tonight going out for supper celebrating wife's 65th birthday (don't tell her I told you how old she is). She still has most of her Blonde hair - does not dye it. She was born on Franklin D's birthday - Jan 30th. My Father would be proud!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Had a great 60th birthday today!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:56 am

Surprise party tonight for a friend who's turning 50. Could be a few laughs!

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Been a busy long week with meetings in Rochester, Cardiac Rehab, Cardiologist, Social Security on Wednesday for wife to set up Medicare, and Veterans Luncheon on our regular VFW 2nd Thursday of month, and lastly a visit to a wake in Bloomfield Friday of an old friend.

Today its pizza & wings at Elks Club at 5 pm. Usually 1st Saturday of month, but due to Super Bowl weekend it was moved up. Going East today to see friends and get cars gassed up. We have a Tops discount of 20 cents off a gallon, and we'll see if we can beat that price while down there. Both cars are half filled, but we'll fill the Hyundai and tomorrow or next week the Nissan SUV.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:44 am

Took the dog out this morning, pretty balmy already!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:03 am

Tropical downpour today… curious if we'll get anymore big snows.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:43 am

Global warming in full effect today.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:03 pm

Nice day. Getting ready to plant the Cold Frame -putting in early white onions (non-GMO), spinach, kohlrabi, different lettuce,and swiss chard. This gives us fresh veggies around mid April. The cut tree trunks pieces (12") with drilled holes (various sizes) in them, from this past years Christmas, will be hung soon in nearby trees so bees lay their larvae (various bees) in the holes, and when they emerge pollinate my garden first. This happens every year and has been quite successful. I use other things such as certani flowers that surround the perimeter of the garden to entice good insects who will kill and sometimes devour bad ones. And we also plant plants that some insects do not like. An organic gardener must use ever thing possible and at times be like the US Marines - you must IMPROVISE!

Greenhouse will be in use growing saved non-gmo seeds from last harvest along with new types from Italy. Most of the veggies we consume are grown here and others are bartered with friends East of here who garden like we do. One of my friends in Seneca Falls is putting in Bee Hives. At one time I planned on doing this, but liability issues made me think otherwise.

I'm expanding some things since my health is 1000 times better than last year. More raised gardens. We had 7 deer in our backyard and open fields behind our house. Owls keeps skunks at bay, since they enjoy eating them. Woodchucks have been controlled by the coyote, who lives in the woods behind the house. Coyote has decimated a once thriving population of chucks here an in Calvary cemetery. He's been a prayer answered for me. Now he needs to work on feral and domestic cats. The woods goes from S. Pearl St, (just passed the first house on south side of Bristol/S.Pearl) to Mason St along w/ open fields. Barlow Creek (large underground aquifier) flows through this area bringing nourishment to many things. Deer, feral and domestic cats are still a major problem. Raised gardens have proven to be very effective in providing protection for my hard work.

Made Irish Soda bread today and bringing it to a meeting for friends. My Blood Pressure is finally being controlled. It's been a long time coming. Thursday we have our monthly veterans luncheon at the VFW downtown. Preparing Ham and Cabbage along with salad, italian bread, soda pop, coffee, water, and dessert. As always a fun time. Friday we rest and Saturday back to elks for huge dinner party. Ladies Comfort dinner is this Thursday at Elks - generally sell out - over 100 meals sold. It's opern to public too. Every month is different meal -this month its Meatloaf & Mash Potatoes. Dinner,includes your meal, salad, drinks, desserts (my wife and others make and donate pies or cakes), tax and gratuity all for $9.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:49 am

Helluva windstorm in Rochester last night; glad we missed it!

Francie
What, Me Worry? Minion
What, Me Worry? Minion
antispam: No
The middle number please (3): 3

Postby Francie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Jeff Marinelli wrote:Helluva windstorm in Rochester last night; glad we missed it!

Yes, on International Women's Day it seems Mother Nature was also royally pissed. :kingqueen:

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:41 am

Gonna be pretty chilly this weekend!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:25 am

Winter is back with a vengeance! Subzero temperatures paralyze the third ward!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:01 am

Could be a major snowstorm on Wednesday!

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:05 pm

It's still winter till 21st. But Leo constellation is in the sky and regardless what the weather may be now winter is on its last wings for good. Nor'esterns general hit east of (Albany, E. Penn and drift into New England, their humidor is the Atlantic Ocean. We use to get horrendous storms when living in VT. I doubt much of this storm will drift this further west. We could get an Alberta Clipper or another storm brewing west of here and crossing Great Lakes. Not having ice on any of these Lakes could cause storm to pick up further precipitation and cause concerns from weather forecasters for those living in the direction of the storm(s).. Ontario, Michigan, Superior never freeze over in winter. Huron and Erie do. So watching a winter storm coming here, can in many cases be difficult to predict where it will hit and amounts of snow. Lake Effect generally plays a key role here. Whatever we get here is a drop in the bucket to those who live near the lake and in Tug Hill. Canandaigua is a safe refuge from much snow. Plus its almost mid march and sun is higher in the sky and if we do get snow it won't last long. Weather is on our side and the best weather in this nation is coming here from June to November. Elsewhere its tornados, floods, fires, mud slides, avalanches, hurricanes whatever. This is the best place to liver and all you need is a generator to take care of down power lines. It's cheap and its easy using natural gas to power your house. The 2nd ice storm did it for me. I just came back from Vero Beach, FL to see Dodgers in Spring training. It was 84 degrees there. Ever wonder why Bushy boy pushed up date for Day light saving time - GOLFERS IN FLORIDA. We came home and on Friday night our power went out till following Tuesday. I had no alternative heating system. There was only 1 generator left in town and one place wanted $2500 for a 1500 watt generator. There is a special place in hell for this type of bastard. My house went down to 38 degrees, but my hot tub went down to 96 only. Mr. Keenan, Electrician, brought me a john deere kerosene heater. It was very nice of him. Charged me nothing. There are good people here. Temps outside went no higher than 19 for the high. Somewhat like now after this wind storm. It is going to happen again, and if you do have some concerns you should get your house prepared with some type of alternate energy. You don't need a whole house generator. Around 5000 Watts will do for around 6 circuit breakers, one that includes your heating system.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:52 am

Whole state's shut down!

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:46 am

Typical March, St. Patty's week snow storm. Us Northerns are used to this. A snow storm beats a tornado, hurricane, flood, wild fires, mud slides, earthquakes any day. Just sit and wait and especially in March or April the sun is higher and in a few days it will be all melted away. Regardless it was a very bad winter for winter lovers. Too late to snowmobile here, or snow shoe, or cross country ski. All my stuff is put away in the hopes that next year will be different; but don't count on it. If you ever lived in the south, this time of year they get tornados. We get snow storms. A tornado can get speeds up to 250 mph. Most powerful storm there is. We saw 82 mph in Monroe County recently, and saw what that did. Just imagine twice or 3 times that strength. So sit tight, let it fall and when its done get the snow blower out or pay someone to plow you out. It's fast and easy and no lose of property or lives. And you can play in it. What more can you ask for!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:42 am

Storms over what a pain in the ass!

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Talking to a Canandaiguan who is down in Florida at his sisters house near Port Charlotte yesterday. I told him how much we got here and in the region and how lucky he was to be in 70+ degree weather. He then said guess what I have been doing? I said enjoying the wonderful warm sun. He said my sister and I were holed up in a part of her house, for and hour while tornado's were in the area. NICE huh! Those manufactures homes get picked up like toothpicks. A snow storm generally doesn't kill anyone, or destroy property. Not anywhere near tornado's.

When we lived in Atlanta, from March 1st to mid April or later it was tornado time. Getting winter in March sucks, since it isn't going to stay long. We had no winter this year or last year, or for that matter the year before. Yes we had that polar vectus for 2-3 weeks. 14 days! Winter is 90 days. Imagine if summers here were like our winters. With weather changes here we may just see tornado's here more regularly. Then WE WILL have concerns. If it hits your house, its gone and you inside it. Recall Xenia, Ohio when a tornado went down its main st -= like our main street - it took our every one of their downtown buildings. To those who live in the Red states, down south and in the midwest, for the next several 4 months, brace yourself for the most severe and damaging storms on earth. The United States has the worst and the most damaging weather of nay nation on earth. And here, we begin spring slowly and from June till November, we have the best weather in the country, while in the confederacy, they face numerous hurricanes, so many they are alphabetized, and in back water areas tornado's dropping like flies all over the place. Much destruction and even deaths. Now that is a real pain in the a**.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:39 am

Maybe today will be the day t.rump gets impeached!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Started the day with Mass at 6:45 which was a gift from Aj and Chris for my son Noah, who left 9 months ago today.

Return to “The Home of the Minions”