What's for dinner 2017

Defending Free Speech in Canandaigua and Ontario County... and New York State. The USA, too. Ummm, the World also. Heck, the Universe.
TBurd
Unknown To Science Minion
The middle number please (3): 5

Re: What's for dinner 2017

Postby TBurd » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:39 pm

Meatloaf, roasted carrots and rosemary potatoes along with homemade pumpkin muffins with cream cheese. Black currant tea to top off the meal.
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."

Mark Twain

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:40 am

Saturday went ti Bliss and had a bunch of NY Strip steaks cut along with Porterhouses. Great looking meat and good prices. Also picked up a large ham with bone in it for $1.19 lb. Sunday cut up ham for Ham and Scallop potatoes. Place ham bone in slow cooker, then we went east to Seneca Falls to see friends, visit my Uncle in Nursing home in Waterloo, and gas up car. Had Ham and scallop potatoes for supper, and also kids came over after visiting Taughannock Falls. We need to prepare 2 different meas since many times they do not eat what we do. So the wife made Hamburgers along with mac and cheese for them. My other son came over after work and partook of our ham and scallop potatoes.
Dimmi con chi vai, e ti diro chi sei –
Tell me with whom you associate and I’ll tell you what you are

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Last night I made broiled thick center cut pork chops which were dry rubbed. Also a salad with all the trimmings, and low cal Ranch drressing. Oven roasted cauliflower, broccoli and parnips. Fried crimini mushroom in butter, olive oil, garlic and garlic scapes. I picked up an Old World Style Italian bread that is almost as good as our Artesian bread and Columbus Bakery in syracuse. This Italian bread is the best Italian bread commercially I have had here.

Today I made Clam Chowder with lots of clams and some seafood which I grind with a cheese grater to thicken the soup.

Tonight being friday, we plan on having a Quiche with salad and all the trimmings, and several steamed veggies.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:20 am

Homemade chicken noodle soup, good for a cold day like this.
Don't blame me! I voted for Bernie!

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:11 pm

Last night we had NY STrips and Porterhouses broiled in oven along with crimin mushrooms cooked in butter and olive oit, salad with alll the trimmings, baked potato, and Insalata Caprese(roma tomatoes, homemade mozzarella and fresh homegrown basil in classic Caprese salad which match the colors of the Italian Flag.)

Today I started a Yankee Pot Roast with a chuck roast, parsnips, carrots, potatoes, peas in slow cooker. I also have a turkey breast thawing out for tomorrow. Any left overs will be sliced with my electric slicer for sandwiches. Getting out our spring and summer cook recipes since spring is in the air. Leo is up in the sky a good signal that Spring is upon us. Migratory birds are flocking here by the thousands and were out chasing them. This week it is going to hit 63. Cold frame gets planted this coming week. Picked up a number of non-GMO onion sets. Mid April we will eating fresh veggies from our Cold Frame. They really do work up here. If you want early veggies build one. We grow lettuce, onions sets, kohlrabi, spinach, and swiss chard. Our cold frame is 4 feet long by 3 feet deep. As a starter garden you can't imagine how much you can grow. I plan on building another one soon.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:48 pm

Today after coming home from cardiac Rehab I made a huge dutch oven of Minnestrone Soup. Soup was made with cut up celery, carrots, onions, 1 lb ground lean pork, 1 qt of our own homemade chicken/turkey broth, kale, diced tomatoes, 1 1/2 lb of dry northern beans, and ditalini pasta. Herbs of parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, dry wine along with small amount of olive oil and cut up rind of parmigiano/reggiano cheese to give our soups added flavor (Chef secret).

Also cooked a turkey breast in oven and had turkey along with arborio rice from Italy for supper.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:47 am

Last night being Friday & Lent so meatless meals. Wife worked, so I prepared the meal during the day and made Lobster Bisque with lots of Lobsta. Also Wild Shrimp from the Gulf USA, fried in butter, olive oil, minced garlic,and onions. Also had a side of spaghetti with garlic & olive oil sauce, with a salad. Invited my Mother-in-law and another friend over to have some.
Tonight going to the Elks - first Saturday of month - Pizza, chicken wings and chicken fingers. Should be a good time and we've invited a few friends who enjoy the food to come along.

Tired Old Man
Hairy Stink-Eye Ringleader Minion

Postby Tired Old Man » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Homemade pizza w sourdough crust, venison Italian sausage, anchovies, onions, peppers, mushrooms, olives, pepperonchini. Delish.

TBurd

Postby TBurd » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:47 pm

Apple curry chicken over rice with fresh baked dinner rolls and Assam tea.
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."

Mark Twain

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:58 pm

Yesterday I made Chili (red variety). Kids came over for supper so the wife made them Hamburgers with French fries (slice from whole potatoes). Deep fried them on the NuWave - great machine for keeping temps what you want them. Got 88% Ground Beef at Bj's for $2.49lb. Picked up Corn Beef round there - and making it tonight for supper in slow cooker.

Tired Old Man

Postby Tired Old Man » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Seafood chowder., gotta say mt chowder rocks

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:27 am

Ground beef stroganoff! Yum!!!

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:37 am

Making Taco Salad along with some Stuffed Peppers and having boneless chicken thighs in slow cooker in sauce, ala Cacciatore. Got kids coming over for supper so this won't last long.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:38 pm

Homemade chili!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:42 pm

Lemon pepper chicken on the grill, cauliflower rice, salad, rolls, white wine

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Friday we went to the Elks Lodge for Corn Beef and Cabbage. Great meal with great friends. Saturday night NY Strip Steaks, with baked potato, salad with all the trimmings, and mixed veggies. Sunday, cooked whole chicken with potato taters, corn, and salad. Took carcass and made homemade chicken broth and then soup. Possible going to Community Meal Tonight.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Last night the wife made a Quiche with ham,, cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes and a few other things.

Tonight I am having guests over, the wife is working and I'm Le Chef. Making broiled sea scallops from USA(wild), long grain.wild rice medley, asparagus, smelt, and salad. Seaside Bisque served before meal. Wine tonight will be Funf Riesling from Germany.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Homemade chili, maybr the last of the season!

4mrbam
Methusala Minion
Methusala Minion

Postby 4mrbam » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:04 pm

Date day/ night. Saw the play Wicked then had dinner here in Canandaigua at Sakura

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:30 pm

4mrbam wrote:Date day/ night. Saw the play Wicked then had dinner here in Canandaigua at Sakura

How was Sakura? My daughter in laws been there several times for office dinners and enjoyed it. Never been there but wondered.

We were at Elks last night for Pizza, wings and chicken tenders. Ordered large pizza with cheese, pepperoni,mushrooms; dozen wings, mild sauce (they offer mild, medium, hot, barbecue, garlic/parmesan), blue cheese; and 6 huge chicken tenders (with ranch dressing) all for $19 including tax. 1st Saturday of the month from 4-6 pm. Wife had Blue Moon Wheat Beer ($2.50) and I had usual, club soda with ice. I'm the DD (designated driver) person.No drinking since my CABG (Open heart surgery).

Tonight kids are coming over. Were having burgers, center cut pork chops on grill with fruit salad, and yet to determined other veggies. Planning on hiking this afternoon for a few hours to check out a few places for vegetation and for health reasons.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Wife made pasta -Farfalle (bowties) she likes the best. I'm not crazy about them but don't say much. In red sauce and I made the salad - wild arugula(organic), organic spinach, broccoli, radishes, crimini mushrooms,

I was at several meetings in Rochester today and brought a beautiful Easter Bread. All loved it.

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Wife worked today, got off from taking care of our grandson. I was in Cardiac Rehab - 3rd session -self paid starting today. I truly enjoy this. And I am Le Chef today. We had dry rubbed grilled center cut pork chops,with prosciutto wrapped asparagus, along with crimini mushrooms cooked in butter and olive oil, salad with all the trimmings,and long grain rice from California.

jb235
Apprentice Minion
Apprentice Minion

Postby jb235 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:18 am

Just read the dinners and am starving...stuck working overseas until June but enjoy and look forward to coming home to Canandaigua and trying your recipes as I have done before..keep up the.chop licking...for me..thank you all..Jim

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:27 pm

A Danny's Favorite sub from Danny's!

ajsuff
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby ajsuff » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:56 pm

Friday we had guests over and being Friday and Catholic and Lent I prepared Ocean Perch broiled with my homemade panko bread crumbs and streamed a find line of unsalted butter poured very slowly over the top of the fish. To accompany the dish, I also made a brown/wild rice mixture, salad with all the trimmings, broccoli slaw with raisins, asparagus baked with reggiano-parmeson cheese on top, all served with my artesan made read. Wine was a German Riesling. There was desserts - ice cream and pie, but I don't partake of that part. Wife and guests do though.

Tonight we had broiled NY Strip Steaks which were marinaded with extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper, salad, baked potato, asparagus cooked on stove in oil, garlic, and topped with sesame seeds.

I'm making Italian Easter bread and taking it to Cardiac Rehab on Wednesday at Thompson for staff. I made one and took it tuesday to a meeting in Rochester. It was gone in minutes.

Return to “The Home of the Minions”