Rodney Miller is running for Ontario County Sheriff

Defending Free Speech in Canandaigua and Ontario County... and New York State. The USA, too. Ummm, the World also. Heck, the Universe.
Mr. Natural
Yikes!
Yikes!
The middle number please (3): 5

Rodney Miller is running for Ontario County Sheriff

Postby Mr. Natural » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Rodney Miller stopped by tonight, and we had a convivial chat for several hours. Rodney is running against Phil Povero for the office of Ontario County Sheriff.

Rodney is the investigator who cracked the Adam Chase murder case, and who is responsible for a murderer being behind bars who might otherwise be free.

We don't have many murders here. To have one that might have gone unsolved is very serious.

We talked at length about the case, and about current issues with the Sheriff's Department, some of which, even for me, being used as I am to political smoke and mirrors, were real eye openers.

I told Rodney that I'd be happy to help him present his case, his interest being the same as mine in having a choice for the voters as well as having a well-informed electorate.

If Sheriff Phil is interested, he's welcome to provide a rebuttal for Rodney's positions as well.

This will be an interesting election.

Stay tuned.
Be like two fried eggs... keep your sunny side up!

Mr. Natural
Yikes!
Yikes!

Re: Rodney Miller is running for Ontario County Sheriff

Postby Mr. Natural » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:54 pm

A CONVERSATION WITH: Rodney Miller, private investigator who cracked the Rose Chase murder case

Alan Brignall / Finger Lakes Times
"A Conversation With" for Nov. 4, 2013
Private investigator Rodney Miller cracked the Rose Chase murder case.

Rodney Miller
Residence: Gorham
Family: Wife of 33 years, Maureen; three children and two grandchildren
Professional background: Miller, a Vietnam combat veteran and former Ontario County deputy, is a private investigator and farmer. He also drives Mennonites on long-distance trips.

Posted: Monday, November 4, 2013 11:30 am | Updated: 1:30 pm, Fri Nov 8, 2013.
By MIKE HIBBARD mhibbard@fltimes.com

Ed. note: Last month, Rose Chase was convicted of second-degree murder in the June 2012 death of her husband, Adam. After treating it as a missing-person case for months, Ontario County Sheriff’s Office investigators arrested Chase last December — hours after she confessed to Miller that she killed Adam by pushing him down a flight of stairs during an argument at their home in Stanley. She hid his body in their basement for several weeks and later burned the remains at her mother’s home in Yates County.

FLT: When did you first learn Adam was missing?

MILLER: I was gone on a trip to Pennsylvania and knew about a boy missing in Stanley, but I never heard a name.

When I came home ... my wife told me it was Adam Chase. I’ve known the Chase family for a long time. I said Adam wouldn’t go missing because he doesn’t have anyplace to go.

Then I went to see his parents shortly after that. I got involved right around July 4.

FLT: At that time, did you and Adam’s family think Rose killed him?

MILLER: I can tell you this case almost verbatim. I don’t need notes. I lived this case for six months.

I went to see his parents ... and told Lindon (Adam’s father), “I’ve come to help you find your son.” I told him it’s not easy for me to come to a friend’s house and say I think your son is dead, but I think he is. Lindon looked at me and said “I do, too, and we think that b---- killed him and they’re going to help her get away with it,” meaning the sheriff’s department.

I went to see Rose that night ... I looked at her and said “I think you killed him.” That was July 8. She was shaking. I went to Phil’s house (Sheriff Phil Povero) that night for the first time, sat on his porch and told him what I had seen and observed. I think that day is when he told me, off the record, that he (Adam) committed suicide and the hunters are going to find him when hunting season comes. I said “I don’t think so. I don’t think Adam killed himself, period.”

FLT: You went back to see Chase on July 28. What happened then?

MILLER: I asked her if she would mind letting me look in Adam’s car ... she pops the truck and it’s full of debris. At that point I didn’t know what the sheriff’s department had done.

Then I asked her if she would allow me to walk through the house. She told me I could do everything except the basement. I asked her why and she said because the sump pump quit.

I said “Rose, it’s been a dry summer. There’s been no rain.” As we came down from upstairs ... I asked to look down the cellar stairs. She was shaking, and when I say shaking she was trembling.

On the third step I could smell death. I got to the bottom and she was right behind me and I said, “Something down here smells dead.” She said, “I have a lot of animals get in here and die. They are all over the place.”

I couldn’t see much because it was dark. As I turned around I saw the chest freezer. I asked her to open the freezer. She popped it and he wasn’t there.

I left there and went to Phil’s house again. I sat on his porch and told him what I felt and knew. What they did with that information I don’t know. I don’t think they did anything with it.

FLT: Why do you think the sheriff’s department didn’t pursue the murder angle harder?

MILLER: This is a personal opinion. I think sometimes we work in a job where we become too complacent and won’t think outside the box.

I don’t know why they took her word [that Adam was missing] and not ours. If you talked to neighbors or Adam’s friends — everybody that was involved didn’t think Adam was missing. I never thought he was missing. I said from day one I felt he was dead. I felt that in my gut and my heart. I never changed from that. Anybody that talked to me would tell you that.

FLT: The lead investigator in the case, Lee Martin, testified during the trial that he put numerous hours into the case. Would you admit the sheriff’s department made a concerted effort to find Adam?

MILLER: I can’t speak for them. I can only let this case speak for itself and I didn’t get to hear a lot of the testimony until after I testified.

I didn’t know this until trial — they were actually in the house with two dogs ... but they were tracking dogs, not cadaver dogs. If you are that far in an investigation and you know you’re looking for a body, why wouldn’t you use two cadaver dogs instead of search dogs?

I’m not the smartest person in the world and I don’t pretend to be, but I love law enforcement and always have. I didn’t take this case to try to show them up. If anybody showed them up, it was because they gave me the chance to prove I was a good cop. I asked for them to do their job, what they are paid for, and it’s obvious they didn’t.

They should have done better. Did they take it seriously? I think you have to make your own decisions from watching the trial. For me, I’d say no.

FLT: You were a county deputy for six years before being fired in 1986. Can you discuss that?

MILLER: Gary Stewart was the sheriff and Ed Leo was undersheriff. I think I was the first officer to file a grievance over sick days. We went to arbitration on that and lost.

The things was, if we wanted a personal day and we had a bunch of sick days built up, they wouldn’t allow you to use the sick day as a personal day. That caused us to be dishonest. If you needed a [personal] day, you had to call in sick.

There were good and bad times after that. One of the good points of being there was I hated drunk drivers. I was tough on drunks. I got asked to work the STOP-DWI program and when they (superior officers) would get ticked off at me, they would yank it away.

Don Barnes, who was in charge of funds from STOP-DWI, threatened he would yank the funding if they didn’t put me back on it.

It didn’t matter what I did — I was the bad boy they didn’t like. In 1986 I campaigned for Jim McAvine to run for sheriff and I was very open. I didn’t make any secret of it. We had a big turnover rate back then. It was a revolving door and we lost a lot of good men.

I will say I have always had the utmost respect for Phil Povero. I think he’s done a good job — always have.

There were major problems in the sheriff’s department before he took over. Whether he took what I said seriously in this case, I don’t know.

FLT: Why do you think it took so long to get Chase to confess?

MILLER: I know on July 8 when I interviewed her and she shook like a leaf — maybe if I would have pushed a little more there she would have given up. I think it got to the point where it became a game to her, and the more she succeeded the better she thought she was.

Did they (the sheriff’s department) do things? Yes, they did. Did they do the right things? I don’t know. They did do the right things at some points, but if they went a little further they would have had his body sooner.

FLT: One of the high points of the trial was testimony from you and Sandy Armison, the Chases’ daycare provider, of the ploy you teamed up on to get Chase to confess Dec. 13. Can you recount it?

MILLER: I looked for Adam all that morning until noon. I said to my wife “I’m down to my last straw. I’m going to see if Sandy will help me.”

Sandy loved Adam like a son. I asked if she would help me play a game with Rose and she agreed. When Rose came to get her son that night, Sandy told Rose she heard breaking news that an arrest would be made and somebody would be charged with the murder of Adam. Sandy later called me and said “if you’re going to Rose’s house, go now because she left here white as a sheet.” Rose later confessed to me.
FLT: What has been the reaction from people for solving the case?

MILLER: The nicest reaction I got was from (District Attorney) Mike Tantillo. I think he knew when I was a cop I always did my job. I always had a lot of respect for Mike and still do.

In this case we had some disagreements, but I have to learn sometimes to bite my tongue. Things work, but not as quickly as we’d like them to. I should know that because it took us six months to find Adam ... and in theory we should have found him shortly after he disappeared.

I know what Adam’s family thinks of me, and it’s humbling.

My intention was not to show up the sheriff’s department, but for 20-some years I’ve kind of held my head down.

It’s not easy to tell someone you got fired. To be honest, what happened to me was bull----, but it is what it is. I can’t change that.

People that knew me knew I did my job when I was with the sheriff’s department.
Be like two fried eggs... keep your sunny side up!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:27 am

A source inside the Sheriff's Department told me directly that fiscal and time mismanagement are serious issues affecting the overall efficiency of the department.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ontario County Jail at a costly crossroads

By John Addyman messenger@messengerpostmedia.com
Posted Apr. 29, 2014 @ 11:39 am

Canandaigua, N.Y. HOPEWELL — Former West Bloomfield Supervisor John Champlin needed no warm-up.
“What has come to light,” Champlin told the Ontario County supervisors’ Public Safety Committee, “is that there are bigger problems affecting our public safety departments that not only add to the overtime problem but are creating an overcrowding condition at the jail that will soon force us to build an additional pod.

”
The cost of that pod?
“ $8 million,” verified Chief Corrections Officer Alice Haskins.

Champlin — head of a special commission that includes town justices, the public defender’s office, the district attorney’s office and other county employees — has held almost-weekly meetings for a year. The original charge of his commission was to look into overtime costs at the jail, which ran $700,000 over budget in 2013, following a two-year trend. The group found out that solving overtime costs at the jail begins the moment someone is arrested.

“Mental health is a big part of the puzzle,” Champlin said. “Forty to 50 percent of the current jail population has mental health issues. The state is closing quite a few mental health institutions, leaving nowhere for people to go and receive the help they need. And without help, behaviors escalate and people end up in the legal system instead of the mental health system.
“There are other issues as well,” he added. “Sixteen- and 17-year-old kids do not belong in jail. We are one of the few states that still do this.”

Champlin said the county is at a crossroads. It could continue in the present direction, in which the new pod would have to be built, with a cost of $650,000 per year to run it.

“Or,” Champlin said, “we can invest in programs that rehabilitate people rather than send them to jail. In our opinion, continuing the current path simply throws money away.”

The commission offered a number of recommendations:
— Hire a consultant to recommend ways to reduce the jail population and encourage prevention methods.
— Increase the probation staff by three positions: One to work with mental health and drug courts, one to work with women offenders, and one to work on pre-pleas and pre-sentencing investigations. Cost: $326,000.
— Add a social worker, a case manager and a part-time nurse practitioner (eight hours only). Cost: $178,000.

“I know this was not what you were hoping to hear,” Champlin told the committee. “But if we go in this direction, I think the results will show that in five to 10 years the county will see a real deduction in recidivism rates and this will result in a real reduction in jail costs.”
Haskins said one of the ways the jail is overcrowded is because of “classification.” The jail has 36 double cells, “but mental health cases are not suitable for double cells,” so those inmates have to be put in a single cell.

Probation Director Jeff Rougeux said the proposed probation officers, two of them at a senior grade, would either work closely with the courts or work with offenders “from arrest to sentencing beyond.” A target population is female DWI offenders, “the fastest-growing population in our jail.

”
If the officer working with pre-plea and –sentencing reports can get them done one week earlier, “that will save 1,700 jail days, especially post-conviction,” Rougeux told the committee.
Haskins said the jail needs “enhanced mental health services” for prisoners and thought that because the state is closing facilities, “we may have more help available.

”
Farmington Town Justice Morris Lew said he had been studying data of how cases proceed through the Ontario County judicial system. He said he found nine defendants who had spent more than 200 days in the county jail. He said he needed more research, but “some trends on why certain things are happening” were being noted.

Haskins said lack of coordination and excess transportation were very costly. She said someone incarcerated pre-trail might make anywhere from two to 15 unnecessary trips for court dates.

Geneva Supervisor Charles Evangelista asked how adding positions would directly reduce the jail population. “I don’t see a correlation,” he said. “You’re throwing people at the problem in the hope you’re going to have a reduction.” He wanted to see a cost analysis.

Haskins said the committee planned to provide that analysis, through the consultant. She felt that if pre-sentencing investigations were completed more rapidly, the population would be affected.
“The idea is to move people along,” said Champlin.

“People with mental health issues are not getting help.”
“Why would we want to hire additional people if you’ve recognized the issue?” asked Evangelista. ‘Why not use available staff?”
“Because we are just maxed out,” said Probation Supervisor Virginia Gumaer-Mueller. “It’s about prevention. If we give them what they need up front, there’s much less violation at the back end.” She said female inmates, in particular, have unique needs and they are a rising population. A probation officer with “better grasp of the issues” would be very effective.
Committee Chair Ted Fafinski, the Farmington supervisor, asked why video arraignments aren’t used in the county to save time and transportation costs. Assistant District Attorney Leslie Cohen-Hickey said it was difficult to use that medium and maintain client-lawyer privacy. District Attorney Mike Tantillo said a special act of the legislature would be needed to allow such arraignments, but it was being tried as a pilot in some counties already.

County Administrator John Garvey asked if the contracted correctional mental health workers “were not doing their job for the $300,000 budgeted for them?”
“They’re doing an extremely good job for the resources they have,” said Sheriff Phil Povero. “But with more one-on-one jail situations, this is a growing problem.”

Don't blame me! I voted for Bernie!

Starlight
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Starlight » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:32 am

I don't know Rodney Miller but I firmly believe that the public is well served by a competitive race and the sheriff has run unopposed for quite some time. Having another candidate, assuming that person runs an active campaign, has the potential to bring issues to the forefront that need to be discussed with the public.

Welcome to the race Rodney!

Advice for the day: If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: "Take two aspirin" and "Keep away from children." ~ Unknown

R.U.Cerious
Activist Minion
Activist Minion

Postby R.U.Cerious » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:10 am

I agree. Good luck Mr. Miller.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:59 pm

From Jeff: This is an internal memo sent by one of my sources in the Department. This clarifies some of the sources for dissension among the people who work there, and the lack of management in helping resolve the issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2014 8:30 AM
To: Human Res DL: CSEA Sheriff General FT; Human Res DL: CSEA Sheriff General PT
Subject: Contract update/Organization update

Good morning,

As you are all aware on 5/29/14 Ontario County Attorney John Park informed us that the Personnel Committee Turned Down the Offer on the table for recognition.

I promised everyone that I would keep them informed so here it is- this is a follow up to my message sent beginning of May:

While we were at the meeting with PERB, County Attorney Park  pointed out that this unit is the black eye of the county (actual quote), and although he admitted some issues with administration, he basically blamed our unit for all of the problems in the county. I had to inform him that although I work with everyone, I did not hire anyone. He was not amused…

Bottom line is the County currently has the upper hand and they still have a bitter taste in their mouth from the results of our last contract. I informed John Park that in order to decertify from CSEA we needed to turn down the contract. I then proceeded to tell him that if the County voluntarily recognizes us that we would revote on that same contract and we would make sure it passed.

So the offer to the county was this:
They voluntarily recognize us as a certified unit and in return we would vote in the contract that would have given us 0%, 1%, and 1% over  three years, healthcare, single dental with a buy up plan, and specific language about swaps that the county wanted. PERB suggested the County do this, and John Park stated he would bring it to the Personnel Committee.

Result is the Personnel Committee discussed it and for whatever reason decided it was not in their best interest to give us the same contract that every other unit in the County has.

So yes currently we are without a contract- October of 2014 we will reapply for certification with PERB and it will be granted- the County can’t oppose it. It will take until about January for that to occur. At that point we will begin contract negotiations with the County. Until then every one of us needs to continue to follow our side of the Contractual agreement that ended 12/31/11 and continue to follow the Policy and Procedures of your employer as laid out in the Manual of Instructions (MOI). We  continue to have legal representation but I highly suggest that because of Section 75  that is used for discipline that everyone of us fly under the radar so to speak to avoid any chance of testing the Section 75 Discipline section.

Beginning today and running though 6/30/14 once again all elected positions within our unit are now open to represent the approximate 160 of us

President
Vice President
Secretary
Treasurer
Board of Trustee
Board of Trustee
Board of Trustee
Board of Trustee
Board of Trustee

Elections will occur in July. We will have a fully functioning unit prior to the start of our recognition.

As of this point our Law Firm is working for us knowing we are unable to pay them until we begin collecting dues. Per message from [Name redacted] dated 10/29/13; Per John Park we have no legal authority to withhold money from an employees pay for union dues without an organization in place and recognition by the BOS. 

Once recognized we will begin to pay our Attorney’s after deductions have begun and money is coming in. There will be no changes to our deductions it will be $25 per pay period per person.

None of this changes the fact that once we are up and running we will be able to invest some of our union funds in guaranteed investments and then pay members back upon retirement all of their collected union dues. (example you work 10 more years before retiring- so 26 pay periods X 10 years X $25 per pay period= $6500 due back to you upon retirement.)  At the very least it will be 80% of that number, but it should be 100%.

We will continue to fund the Scholarships for graduating Seniors of Unit members who are attending college.

And we will also have a Golf Tournament every year to fund the Joe Babb Memorial Scholarship.

I am sorry for the time in which all of this has taken/ is taking, and would like everyone to know that change is coming and this change is good.

If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to email me and please also email me if you are interested in one of the nine positions within our unit.

Respectfully Submitted,

[Name redacted]

“This message may contain confidential, sensitive and/or proprietary information and is intended for the person/entity to whom it was originally addressed. Any use by others is strictly prohibited.”   ­­ 

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:22 pm

Battle brews for Ontario County sheriff

By John Addyman Messenger Post Correspondent
Posted Mar. 6, 2014 @ 11:58 am

Canandaigua, N.Y.

HOPEWELL — Just moments after the Ontario County Republican Party had endorsed Phil Povero for another term as sheriff, he and Rodney Miller of Gorham met in the hall — for a handshake and embrace.

“Good luck,” Miller said to Povero, “you know I’m going to challenge you.”

Miller knows he has an uphill climb. He was at the Gorham Republican meeting on Tuesday night asking for their support — he didn’t get it.

Povero not only had a nomination and a second, but a second to the second as the Ontario GOP lined up to anoint his cross-filing candidacy. No one nominated Miller, who promises he will still fight the good fight.

“I have to circulate my petitions,” Miller said. “I can force a primary.”

Earlier, Miller had told 85 party members he never “thought I’d be in a position to challenge, but in 2012 that changed.” He said he wanted a “fair playing field” to be considered as a Republican-registered candidate, supported by his party: “I’m as qualified as Phil. I know how to do police work. I’m conservative in my politics.”

In the hallway after the vote, Miller said, “People have a right to have two candidates to choose from, and especially, one of them should be a registered Republican. When there isn’t one in a major election year — that’s shameful.

“I want a chance to run,” he added. “Phil didn’t do a good job when he had a chance on the Rose Chase case; he didn’t do the job, plain and simple. I want the voters to have a choice.”

Miller, 62, a Vietnam veteran, spent six years in the sheriff’s office, owns a business and does investigations, mostly on insurance fraud. He’s married and has three children and two grandchildren.

Bristol Supervisor Robert Green Jr., who said he had served with three sheriffs, nominated Povero, describing him as “apolitical” and “devoted to service to the citizens of the county.” Holding up a copy of the annual Sheriff’s Office report, he said Povero’s officers had handled 45,000 complaints in 2013.

“Every one of the individuals who serve under the sheriff is dedicated to service to the county,” Green said. He noted that Povero had opened up the new jail and oversaw the new 911 center, and works closely with all school districts in the county.

Farmington Supervisor Ted Fafinski seconded the nomination. “I’ve worked with Sheriff Povero for 15 years directly,” he said. “Supervisor Green eloquently talked about the last year, but those comments ring true to all the things the sheriff has accomplished in the last 15 years. Integrity is singularly important in this sheriff … he is a sheriff’s sheriff.”

Victor Town Councilman Silvio Palermo, a 16-year veteran of law enforcement, said Povero gave him his start and the sheriff “ranks at the top of the list in law enforcement professionals.”

Povero, 62, told the Republicans, “I haven’t taken anything for granted. I’ve worked hard to get to this point. I’m elated and extremely excited for the support by this committee and a cross-section of Ontario County.”

He noted that he has been with the sheriff’s office for 41 years and has the longest service record of any prior sheriff.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:15 pm

More to come. Much more.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:12 am

A note from one of my inside sources at the Department:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeff,

Thanks for your diligence. Something to add was that the county wanted to give all of the workers a 0%, 1% and 1% raise citing financial hardship. Of course I will remind you that the Board of Supervisors gave Phil a 3%, 3% and 3% raise. Phil is already a NYS Tier #1 employee who has had a take home car for over 40 years and is also getting paid over $100,000 a year. I’m not saying the job doesn’t deserve the wage, but why should he get a 3%, 3% and 3% raise while the rest of us get a 0%, 1% and 1% raise?? Even if we all made the same money, that car is worth a lot of money.

As I said, I have no problems with leading by example, but if the boss can’t be bothered, then the county is wrong for trying to get everyone else to.

If you want to see what we’re all making, do a Google search on “See through New York” and you can see what ever municipal employee is paid across the state.

The politicians might lie, but the numbers speak for themselves....

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Anyone interested in carrying a petition for Rodney? Let me know! email me at jeff@theordinarycitizen.com and we'll set it up!

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:54 pm

From Rodney's Facebook page:

There are serious problems within OCSD This was proven with the Adam Chase case and several other cases within Ontario County. There have been 2 Federal Investigations regarding corruption within the department in the last few years. Rodney Miller has proven himself as a Private Investigator for the Chase family.

Miller has the ability to:

• Investigate all cases thoroughly
• Reduce the extensive overtime hours
• Maintain a sound budget
• Hold employees responsible
• Solve difficult cases
• Report the truth with factual/accurate information
• Listen to all members of the public and their concerns
• Investigate and solve other cases which have gone unsolved within the county
• Bring integrity to serve the public not just the corporations and the media
• Stop the retaliatory harassment

It's time to stop the corruption within Ontario County and Elect Rodney Miller!

We should expect the public servants to work for us not against us.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Rodney's making some headway!

TomsDad2
Hairy Stink-Eye Ringleader Minion
antispam: No
The middle number please (3): 3

Postby TomsDad2 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:57 am

So I'm told, go to The Mess web site and Search for:

"Rodney Miller" "insubordination" "termination"

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:31 pm

TomsDad2 wrote:So I'm told, go to The Mess web site and Search for:

"Rodney Miller" "insubordination" "termination"

Rodney's happy to publicly explain that, too. Rodney did the right thing.

Tired Old Man

Postby Tired Old Man » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:12 pm

If I worked for douch Phil i'de be fired for insubordination too prolly

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Rodney stopped by the house tonight and dropped off a yard sign!

mscales
Whoopie Cushion Minion
Whoopie Cushion Minion

Postby mscales » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:19 am

Vote for Rodney!
Grow, where you are planted....

TomsDad2

Postby TomsDad2 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:08 am

Ontario County sheriff debate shot down

Plans for a live-radio debate between the incumbent Ontario County sheriff and his challenger appear to have fizzled out.

Earlier this month, Sheriff Phil Povero and Gorham resident Rodney Miller, a part-time detective and former sheriff’s deputy, said that they had agreed to debate each other live on 1240 AM/96.1 FM WGVA Finger Lakes Radio Group in Geneva.

However, according to Povero, his challenger recently "backed out" out the debate. The sheriff added that not much of an explanation was available as to why Miller made that decision.

"The only information I received was from the Finger Lakes Radio Group, which said that Rodney did not want to participate in the debate," Povero said. "That's all I know."

According to Miller, the representatives from the radio station contacted him on Oct. 22 saying that Povero would be available to do the debate on Oct. 24. The lack of time advance from the radio group representatives, and what Miller characterized as an absence of information about the debate format, led him to believe that the debate was a "set-up,” Miller said.

Read more: http://www.mpnnow.com/article/20141029/ ... z3HoX2HKfU

TomsDad2

Postby TomsDad2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:40 pm

I heard Rodney on Lonsberry this morning and also received a robo-call from him.

His voice sounded very weak. Is he okay or just worn out from campaigning?

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Good luck, Rodney!

DaveCat
Unknown To Science Minion
Unknown To Science Minion

Postby DaveCat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Rodney may have a point. Heard a news site today report that an OCSD officer had determined last night's fire at FLCC to be caused by a cigarette. How a Sheriff could allow one of his officers to definitively speak as a fire investigator just amazes me. Is this love affair the department has for the media so consuming that facts just get in the way? I personally love Phil, but it just might be time for a change.

I think Miller's a whack job though. Is there a Green Party candidate?
DaveCat

Under Republicans, Man Exploits Man
Under Democrats, Just the opposite.

Jeff Marinelli
Permanently Irked Minion
Permanently Irked Minion

Postby Jeff Marinelli » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:33 pm

Over the years I've assembled a pretty good network of people who will talk to me.

The OCSD arrested a woman for Welfare Fraud, and she doesn’t and has never collected welfare. She is suing the county and the county has already offered her $50,000 to settle out of court. She won’t take it and she’s going after them.

Another person owns rental property. There was a tip that the person who was renting the house was dealing drugs. Needless to say the SWAT team went into this house, did thousands of dollars of damage to the property, no drugs were found and the county never paid for the damage that was caused to this man’s property.

yargmike
Ringleader Minion
Ringleader Minion

Postby yargmike » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:46 pm

I'd like to talk to the rental property owner. Would you please ask him/her to get in touch w/ me?
old enough to know better...young enough to learn

Return to “The Home of the Minions”